Authentic Outdoor Experiences
We believe we are moving to a fundamentally more exciting future where humanity spend more time together enjoying the outdoors.
Our mission is to help people have fun doing outdoor activities. We build apps with free beautiful maps and a volunteered geographic information platform to discover and share the best selection of outdoor experiences on the planet.
Software Engineer specialized in the geospatial interoperability field. I graduated with a Master's Degree in Computer Science from Universitat Oberta de Catalunya.
In 2006 I started to work on Wikiloc in my spare time and now we're a growing community of millions of outdoor enthusiasts sharing trails in 190+ countries.
On the personal side I'm a vegetarian and when not in the office I like to be in the outdoors trail running, back-country skiing or mountain biking.
I hold a Master's degree in Engineering Management, a bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering and I'm a certified Quality Auditor.
Before joining Wikiloc I was in charge to improve products, processes and costs as a Productivity Manager in the automotive sector and as an Industrial Manager in the industry sector. I enjoy working with teams, having goals and be creative solving challenges.
I like to ride a mountain bike and the snow sports, music and clay modelling.
Since 2005, my career has always been related to GPS, digital maps and its applications. Before joining Wikiloc, I was part of the Geographic Information Service and Remote Sensing (SIGTE) in the UdG, developing GeoWeb projects using open source technologies, spatial databases and OGC standards.
I've also developed GPS enabled mobile apps for feature phones, location-based services (LBS) and worked as a lecturer of Spatial Databases at the Master UNIGIS.
Wikiloc combines my passion for technology, cartography and enjoying nature discovering new places with my GPS.
The first computer that came into my home was a x286 and since then I started to love programming so much that I always felt it was only a hobby. Maybe that's why I studied computer science as a second career.
Wikiloc allows me to combine this passion with another great passion, the outdoor activities. Being an user and a creator of the same product is a great pleasure and enriching.
Software engineer with a Diploma in Computer Software from the Informatics University of Barcelona. I’m coming back to the software insustry after working as an illustrator for some years, I previously worked as an analyst / developer in a magazine publishing company.
With the appearance of the iPhone and the new wave of touch devices I became involved in software development again by working on personal projects. This allowed me to become familiar with the iOS development environment. I'm having a blast being a full time developer once more and working on apps aimed at users.
Another one of my passions is running, trail running in particular. Working at Wikiloc allows me to mix two of my favorite things, development and outdoor activities.
I hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering and about to finish the Master’s degree in Computer Engineering at Universitat de Girona
I'm a big-data enthusiast and nowadays I am focused on scalable and highly available tools such as Apache Cassandra and graph databases like TitanDB.
Computer science has become a passion and at Wikiloc I have the perfect place to overcome daily challenges and expanding my skills even with side projects like perfecting email delivery and learning how to deal with large amounts of data in new interesting databases.
Software engineer with a degree in Computer Engineering from University of Girona. Since I was little, I've always had a passion for Computer Science.
I'm a big systems engineering nerd, having worked with Apache Mesos, Docker and OpenStack on various projects. Nowadays, I obsess over web performance and keeping everything running smoothly.
Wikiloc allows me to work with systems with large amounts of users and traffic where every little change has a big and immediate impact.
Software engineer with a degree in Computer Engineering from University of Girona.
Computer science has fascinated me since I was young. This has led me to work on a wide range of projects of various topics that have expanded my horizons and knowledge.
From being part of a research group specialized in network management to working on several videogame projects, building solutions in a digital innovation consultancy and co-founding a startup.
Being part of the Wikiloc’s team gives me the opportunity to work on a successful project where my work arrives to a large community. At the same time, it allows me to continue learning, designing and exploring new technologies to improve my knowledge and professional career.
My professional career started in the Hospitality Industry. I hold a bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management from Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona and enjoyed very much working on Hotel Online Marketing & e-Commerce.
My five languages led me to be open-minded, empathic listener and enthusiastic communicator. I love new projects. Team spirit is the key to success.
I’m an outdoor and mountain passionate, a Pyrenees lover, and I strongly believe that Wikiloc has improved my life, adding quality to my leisure time. I feel now personally committed to share this community within the whole World.
Happy entrepreneur in both personal and professional life. In the professional side I co-founded atrapalo.com 13 years ago in which I'm the CEO of the company. I also co-founded with my wife a social crowd-funding project, miaportacion.org, to help people under risk of being socially excluded with their basic needs.
But my biggest project is my BIG family with 7 children to whom I teach values like effort, perseverance, initiative, spirit of service that are so valuables for every aspect of life either personally or professionally although I learn much more from them.
Apart from that I'm a passionate of cycling, skiing and back-country skiing.
Mr. Roca is the sole investor in Wikiloc
MILESTONEWikiloc launches a major App release with improved features and an all-new design! September 26th
MILESTONE3.000.000 registered users August
ANNIVERSARYWikiloc turns 10 years old! April 7th
MILESTONEWe keep growing fast and we're very excited with the cool products we're going to release very soon. And we're hiring!
MILESTONEAlready 4,000,000 trails worldwide with millions of waypoints with photos and videos taken along the routes. These trails are all shared by community members. Real and authentic trails shared by outdoor enthusiasts like you and us.
MILESTONELive Tracking and Offline Topographic Maps. We believe that Wikiloc Maps are a must have in the wild so we decided to offer them to you completely free! Get the App »
MILESTONEGrowing to 2,000,000 trails worldwide April
MILESTONE3 million photos & videos taken along the trails February
AWARDAward by the Spanish Geographic Society (SGE)
AWARDWinner of the Internet Day contest. Sports category.
MILESTONETop App with inApp purchases on iTunes Navigation category (Spain) October
MILESTONELaunch a much requested feature: Trail Companions September
MILESTONE1,6 million unique visitors and 4,3 million trails downloaded in a year! August
MILESTONEWikiloc for iPhone!
PEOPLEWikiloc grows to 5 employees!
ANNIVERSARYWikiloc turns 5 years oldApril 7th
MILESTONELaunch of the first Wikiloc Channel (Costa Brava) March 15th
MILESTONE1.000.000 unique visitors per month March 18th
MILESTONE300.000 Trails March 6th
MILESTONE200.000 registered users December 29th
AWARDWinner of the Living Labs Global Showcase. For the regions of Taipei (Taiwan) and Comarca de la Selva (Girona).
MILESTONE200.000 Trails July 25th
AWARDWinner of "Dynamism in services" by Cambra de Comerç de Sant Feliu de Guíxols4th June
MILESTONE100.000 Trails Setember 29th
AWARDWinner of the Geotourism Challenge by National Geographic and Ashoka Changemakers.
MILESTONE100.000 registered users November 27th
MEDIA"100 PROTAGONISTAS DEL PAÍS" Jordi Ramot December
TEAMMontserrat Jordi (Co-Founder) officially joins Wikiloc
MILESTONEAgreement with Google to show our trails as a default layer on Google Earth.
ANNIVERSARYWIKILOC OUTDOOR, SL. is founded.
MILESTONEFirst 1.000.000 pageviews per month October
AWARDGoogle Maps España gave Wikiloc an award for best mashup.
ANNIVERSARYJordi Ramot creates Wikiloc April 7th
Thanks to the following people for contributing to the project in different ways
- Toño García of ShakingBox for creating Wikiloc's logo
- Chondo for creating the initial "Wikiloc to Facebook" gateway.
- David Sopas for alerting us of a serious security bug in a Wikiloc server.
- Taha Smily, which is a Security Researcher, for alerting us of a security bug in Wikiloc.
- Utkarsh Agrawal, which is a Security Researcher, for alerting us of a security bug in Wikiloc.
Thanks to the following volunteers for translating Wikiloc to other languages
- Manuel Xosé Lemos for translating Wikiloc to Galego
- Marco Giulio Giolfo and Ferruccio Sonni for translating Wikiloc to Italian
- Pontus Olénson for translating Wikiloc to Swedish
- Wendy Poppe for translating Wikiloc to Dutch
- Chris Boogmans for translating Wikiloc to Dutch
- André Kraut for translating Wikiloc to Deutsch
- Arion for translating Wikiloc to Greek
- Larry for translating Wikiloc to Ukrainian
- Alex Milanovic for translating Wikiloc to Serbian
- Kertész Attila for translating Wikiloc to Hungarian
- Herurg for translating Wikiloc to Russian
- Grzegorz and Zbigniew Ilków for translating Wikiloc to Polish
- Emerson Zamprogno for translating Wikiloc to Portuguese (Brazil)
- Ersan Cinan for translating Wikiloc to Turkish
- Robert Beck for translating Wikiloc to Icelandic
- Jan Jensen for translating Wikiloc to Dansk
- Chi and Lluís from Sinalunya for translating Wikiloc to Chinese
- Manel Monmany for reviewing and correcting the Catalan translation
- Eric Klinger for translating Wikiloc to French
- Joaquín Muñoz (French revision)
- Iñaki Arrieta Baro (Euskera)
- Jesus Romo Uriarte(Euskera)
- Juanjo Barandiaran Arratibel(Euskera)
- Lore Goenaga Mendiola(Euskera)
- Jose Antonio Meoqui(Euskera)
Thanks to the following people for sharing their knowledge and work on the Net
- Geonames.org team, for one of the most relevant web services on the Net
- Mike Williams, for his excellent documentation of the Google Maps API
- Kyle Mulka, for sharing his ideas on how to use third party map servers with Google Maps
- Ron Henderson, for the G7ToWin conversor
- Robert Lipe and team for GPSBabel (used internally in wikiloc)
- Mark James, for sharing his nice icon library with everyone
- Radio Paradise for so many hours of good music
- OpenCycleMap and OpenStreetMap contributors
Wikiloc is a free service built with the following free software
And a very special thanks to the people behind our partnerships
- The Google Maps and Google Earth teams for revolutionizing the concept of Internet Mapping and for believing in our community to enhance the outdoors in Google Earth with millions of trails
- GPSVisualizer The 'Swiss Army knife' to create maps and profiles from geographic data. Online since 2003 and maintained by Adam Schneider. Thanks for choosing Wikiloc as the site to store and share its trails.